This feature allows you to align selected objects relative to a chosen reference object. This feature works for all objects such as Grunts, shapes, text boxes, pictures, and graphics.
- Select all the objects you want to align, including the object you wish to align them to.
- Set your reference object. By default, the top-leftmost object you select will be set to reference object. Click another object in the selection to change reference object.
- Choose one of the following to align the selected objects:
- Align left: Aligns objects along their left edges to the left edge of the reference object
- Align Center: Aligns objects vertically through the center of the reference object
- Align Right: Aligns objects along their right edge to the right edge of the reference object
- Align Top: Aligns objects along their top edge, to the top edge of the reference object
- Align Middle: Aligns objects horizontally through the center of the reference object
- Align Bottom: Aligns objects along their bottom edges, to the bottom edge of the reference object
Align to slide
If you want your objects to align with the slide itself – hold down CTRL while clicking any Align object button. This makes the slide itself serve as the reference object, and lets you align to slide without having to group all your objects.
If you only select a single object or a grouped object, Grunt Tools will align to slide if you press any "Align object" function.