Specify how shapes and text boxes should adapt to expanding text – keeping a fixed size (default), or grow with the text either horizontally or vertically.
- Select the shapes and text boxes you want to affect.
- Click the “Fit Shape to text”-button and choose one of the following:
- Fixed size: With this setting, your shape will continue to stay the same size, no matter how large your text grows. As the text gets larger than the shape, it will overflow the borders of the shape.
- Fit with text horizontally: This will fit your shapes or text boxes to existing text, and expand horizontally as your text grows longer than the original width. With this setting, your text will continue to be just one line, unless just insert a line or paragraph break.
- Fit with text vertically: This will fit your shapes or text boxes to existing text vertically, and expand vertically as your text grows longer than the original height. With this setting, your text will wrap in shape - splitting in lines automatically.